Friday, December 28, 2012

GECKOS ARE AWESOME!!

I did say in my last post to watch out for the geckos did I not!?
Apparently that day came sooner rather than later. But, I had done a good two hours of revision before I started this so it was a 'well done on getting some work done' present! (At least thats what I'm telling myself!)

Above = front of cover gecko
Below = Back of cover gecko.

I could quite decide which I liked better when I'd only done this bit. But I stuck with the original (top) and added the border (bottom picture)



This red is the left over silk from a dress that I made when I was 18, so a good three years ago now. Its been sat there ever since, and I've finally found a use for it!!
I will be making lots more of these, because they're very simple once you know what you're doing. Admittedly the stitching around the outline of the gecko was a bit harder than I had anticipated, but I got there!
I found another quilter when I was browsing the web last night and she suggested using batik fabrics for the lizard. This will occur, as soon as I get back to my stash of fabrics! Then watch out world, it'll be a gecko takeover!!

I really do love them! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment