Thursday, February 7, 2013

A pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow!


And this is my next project!
A friend of mine wants a throw for her bed, and not being able to find one as awesome as mine is going to be, she asked whether i'd make her one! Technically she is commissioning me to do this, which is so very exciting :D

I provided a couple of different rainbow ideas, keeping it simple since rainbows make everything funky without the need for lots of intricate patchwork patterns. The one above is the one that she liked most, and as such, is the one that she will get.
Each square is going to be 14cm x 14cm with a border of 5cm each side. This will take the entire throw to a size of 150 x 150cm.

I've already got most of the patches cut out (eager beaver that I am), I just need to cut out both blues and the purple. I decided to use a couple of fabrics for each colour, to give the throw some variation so I hope it all looks good!


This is my second commissioned piece so i'm very excited to do this :D It's always better to have an idea of what to work towards at the end, and also to have someone to give it to, rather than it being sat in my room for months on end!

No comments:

Post a Comment