Wednesday, February 27, 2013

We're going on a bear hunt!

Well, actually, the title should be i've been on a bear hunt! Would you like to know why?

Because of these beautys!!:

The blocks are called Bear Paws!


These cushions were made for someone who had asked for 2 cushion covers to be made for a Christmas present to give to his Mother. Sadly, I couldn't make them for Christmas day, however I got them to him as soon as possible after the holidays were over!

I was only given 2 pictures of the room they would be used in to get colours and ideas from, and wasn't given sizes of cushions - basically I was given free reign to create what I wanted! The colours I chose were so easy to put together, it took me less than 10 minutes in the shop! I was amazed. I came out of it thinking 'I clearly need to have colours in mind before I go in more often!'




I really am particularly proud of these cushions as they are some of my best work piecing and seam wise! There were only a couple of minor mistakes (although, if you would ask my Dad he'd make them seem like World War 3 was about to start! I, in response, told him he needed to flush his head down the toilet if he couldn't see how good they were!)


Either way, I wanted to get permission to put them up here on the blog and as I now have it, I can share them with my lovely followers. I hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment